Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default name Target Surface SAC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RemcovAs
346 Views, 3 Replies

Default name Target Surface SAC

Is it possible to change the name of a surface target with help of a parameter? Mostly I use different surface names in Civil3d and when I use my subassembly, I want to give the name of the surface to target.

Now I have to use EG (for example) as a surface name in all my files, because then my subassembly only works.

Does someone has an answer on that?

Labels (1)
  • SAC
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmartt
in reply to: RemcovAs

Let me preface by saying I've nowhere near the knowledge that others on this forum have concerning this.

But. If I understand you correctly, You named the surface EG in SAC and think you have to name the surface EG in C3D to make it work. But I don't think so. I think the EG in SAC is just a placeholder and you can target whatever surface you like in C3D through the corridor interface.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The "name" in SAC is essentially a field name that will show when building the corridor.  When in corridor you will the EG field to the actual surface you want.  You could as easily called the EG (DOG) and used it.  You want the variable names in SAC to be easily understood for coding and for alias recognition but it isn't required.

Message 4 of 4
RemcovAs

@Anonymous @jmartt 

I think you're both right. I guess I did something else wrong, because it is all working fine.

Thank you for your reactions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report