Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight is not ending at the Ground, it is extending towards the offset end

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nglatne
676 Views, 5 Replies

Daylight is not ending at the Ground, it is extending towards the offset end

Hi all,

I am designing the 1 km road 18 m wide having attached assembly. After generating the Cross sections, the daylight (embankment fill slopes and Cut slopes) are not ending at the ground profile. (green line) 

In corridor surface i used "Top links" then for boundry, i used "corridor extend as a boundry" parameter,

What could be the reason?

Please find attached images of Cross sections, Assembly, assembly properties and corridor properties.

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: nglatne

Is the corridor itself extending out past the daylight? You did not include a plan view image of the corridor. 

In my experience, Corridor Shrinkwrap does not work all the time, especially if you have a super detailed/long corridor. Can you post the drawing file?

Message 3 of 6
nglatne

As plan shows corridor isn't extending beyond the daylight . please find attached drg file.

Message 4 of 6
Kyle-Evans

Ok, I have figured it out. The shrinkwrap is not working because on your second corner, you have overlapping corridor lines on the inside of the turn. As seen in the event viewer also...

Kyle-Evans_1-1623339012567.png

Kyle-Evans_0-1623338994093.png

Simply make a new assembly that does not have any daylighting on the right hand side and apply it to that corner only.

Kyle

Message 5 of 6
nglatne
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

Thanks for valuable time and help

Message 6 of 6
nglatne

Hi Kyle, I founs the better way of doing it (removing overlapping of sample lines at corners, called "Bowties")

1) Eihter we can reduce the spacing of sample lines (while creating corridor, reduce the frequency distance). this will avod the overlapping and we can get the smooth corridor.

2) another way is using "Clear the Bowtie" command tool on a tool bar. or by selecting  option "yes" for the clear bowties prompt in a Edit faeture setting of a corridor on a settings tab of a tollspace.

Path is "Settings tab, Corridor, Rt click, Edit feature settings, choose "yes" for Clear Bowties. then go to command line and type command "Forceeditcorridor" and select the corridor to be edited, the overlappings will be removed.

Thanx  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report