Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daylight for cut off pond

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
razarrzgar
303 Views, 5 Replies

daylight for cut off pond

hello  every one!
i wanna calculate volume of cutting for foundation of pond 
which means i want cut 3 meter of NGL with width 6 m also want cut 1 m from ngl as site preparation dose it possible with civil 3d i created body of pond and i got volume of filling of pond but want calculate it excavation for key  i will put picture of cross section 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: razarrzgar

Hello,
it is possible using a corridor with the right typical cross section
if your foundation is linear, then you must make an axis in the middle of the foundation and use a general stripping of 1 m and create the foundation with a symmetrical typical cross section.

regards

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
razarrzgar
in reply to: Anonymous

hello 
i fixed some of my problem but i want do create custom assembly with assembly composer  i want cut 1 m for boundary of pond i fixed it with tricky method i created 2 surface first is ngl and other from excel i doped down 1 m from all elevation  after that i created new surface and then i got volume of cut also for foundation i did that with feature line and grading with relative elevation used -3 m eventually could get volume of of foundation  but it's seems boring way that's why i want link all together and about using typical section  i didn't found any section useful for my design  thank's for joining 

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
razarrzgar

hello 
may be my question not clear i will try explain more i wanna calculate volume of cut for foundation of pond and depth of foundation 3 m with side slope 1:1 and should top foundation be 12 m also i want cut 1 m fro both side  i want create custom assembly with assembly composer 

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Mike.M.Carlson

Hello,

Are you trying to offset on each side of channel exactly 1m down from NGL?  Or are you looking for the MinInterceptY along the sampled NGL surface 1m down to draw a link some distance away from each top edge of channel?  How far do you want to sample on each side?  

You could accomplish this with Subassembly Composer using 2 Auxiliary Surface Links (AL1 and AL2) for your NGL surface on each side of your channel.  You will have Auxiliary Points (AP1&AP2=Left side; AP3&AP4=right side) created on each side of these auxiliary surface links.  This is where you will need to specify how wide of an offset to sample from each side of the channel to establish the width of these auxiliary surface links.  Then set up additional Auxiliary Delta X and Y Points on each side of channel that specify X= AP2.X and Y=AL1.MinInterceptY(0) for the one side and AP4.X and Y-AL2.MinInterceptY(0) for the other side.  Then add Delta X and Y points (P1 and P2) 1m down from the ending auxiliary points above and add intersection points (P3 and P4) on each side (link/point method) from 1H:1H slopes on each side of channel up to intersection of P1 and P2 (with 0% slope) toward the channel intersect with 1:1 channel slopes.  Then add links to connect P1 and P2 with intersection points P3 & P4.  Create corridor from this SA and run volume.  

Michael M. Carlson
Senior Civil Designer
CADD Manager
AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
AutoCAD Professional

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Do you have a surface for NGL?  (Natural Grade Line?) 

Lets say Yes.

Make a surface for your pond and build a voulme surface NGL- vs- Pond.

How you make the pond is inconsequential.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report