Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Shortcut project Cleanup

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
luc.poulin
515 Views, 7 Replies

Data Shortcut project Cleanup

Hello All

For reason i cannot explain at the moment, C3D file take long time to to open...45 min+ in some cases.

We have done the usual clean up, purge, audit, scale, overkill etc...

We are now suspecting we have residual data shortcut information somewhere, but we have no idea how to view or clean that residual/phantom information.

Reason I say that, I manage to hit Synchronize under the manage tab and I get the same behaviour as when a document is open.  Which for me at the moment when a file is open, Synchronization happen but we have no idea what is missing to have the synchro be perform flawlessly.

Any info that involve advance skill, event if it require to edit the XML file will be welcome.

Worst case we will need to build a complete new set of DSP, but would like to avoid this solution

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
luc.poulin
in reply to: luc.poulin

Is their a way to get a detailed logs of what happen when ACAd is load under C3D.

The history give some info but  not detail enough, especially as mention in my previous post ,when a file take 45 minutes to open, i'm sure some some activity happen so having the details will definitely help

Message 3 of 8
cwr-pae

Try running -purge, r, *, n to clear registered apps. The bad thing, you may need to run it on all xref and dref source files. At one time there was an app from Autodesk that would run -purge r on all dwg files in a folder, but I haven't seen it in years.

Drawing Purge is a 3rd party app that does this and more.

Message 4 of 8
luc.poulin
in reply to: cwr-pae

Hello CRW

This was already try, we use an apps that purge all entities,

And I run this on all attach Xref or Dref as well

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Have you tried to dis-associate the drawing from a project by setting it to none to see if it opens faster. Had an EIT not listen and follow directions. Told him not to use other drawing as a base file for CDs. He thought he knew better than me since he the thought all drawings were stick figures. He didn't know C3D, he didn't realize the shortcut project associations were coming in also.

Message 6 of 8
luc.poulin
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  thank you

Done this as well, but i suspect that a source document may be associated to multiple DSP.  Will you know if by setting No in the association, does this remove all project association?

Message 7 of 8
BryGuy_AK

You’ll want/need to isolate the specific problem file(s).

Here’s an extremely short version of the testing process I’d go through.

Start a new blank C3D file, then data shortcut one of the source files into it.  Save, re-open.  If no delay in opening, then repeat with for the next source file(s).

Once you find the file with the issue, LandXML out the C3D data.  Start a new C3D file, and import the LandXML data.  Data shortcut this new data into a new file, test opening.  If the delay occurs, then the C3D data/design has a problem and you’ll need to replace the entities, otherwise the dwg file has issue.  If it opens without delay, then manually copy non-C3D data into the new file, test opening as you go.

If you’re having delays across the board, then add/verify that you’ve added the Autodesk software related anti-virus exclusions to your system (especially if you’re working over a WAN).

Good Luck

Message 8 of 8
luc.poulin
in reply to: BryGuy_AK

@BryGuy_AK 

Thank you, i was hoping I could avoid doing the long check.

We have about 10 DSP which in total cumulate to 700 DS to check...

Thank you for the feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report