Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA SHORTCUT EDITOR IS BLANK....

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
sean.keohane
2762 Views, 23 Replies

DATA SHORTCUT EDITOR IS BLANK....

Hi,

Im using C3D 2017 SP1. When I access the data shortcuts (using the separate short cuts editor program) the data shortcuts appear blank. (see attached image). It would appear any shortcuts created with 2017 does not populate the editor program. Older projects created with earlier versions of C3D work fine. At least, that's my theory.

Anyone experience this issue?

thanks

Sean

PS

Just to be clear, my shortcuts work as they should in C3D, I just can't edit them using the shortcut editor.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.keohane

Hi, this could be a solution:

Know issue with SP1 that causes the program to work slow and minor bugs appear...

1. Download attached ZIP file and locate the file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\AeccNetwork.dbx
2. Check the version of this file.
3. Rename the current AeccNetwork.dbx to OLD_AeccNetwork.dbx
4. From “2017” folder download AECCNETWORK.dbx
5. Place the new version of aeccnetwork.dbx in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\ 
6. Launch Civil 3D 2017

http://help.autodesk.com.s3.amazonaws.com/sfdcarticles/kA23A000000edY9SAI/Performance%20Repair%20201...

Message 3 of 24
llains

I have the same problem and two more persons asked me one anser for the same problem.

This "Solved" does not work for me neither to the other two guys.

Has Sean noticed:  Just to be clear, my shortcuts work as they should in C3D, I just can't edit them using the shortcut editor.

His there another solution?

@sean.keohane did it work for you?

Thanks

Luis Lains

Civil 3D 2017 SP1.1

Message 4 of 24
deemanning
in reply to: llains

Same here for both SP1 and no service pack installed. The accepted fix did not work for us.

Message 5 of 24
jessica.miller
in reply to: deemanning

Sorry, I'm going to say it doesn't work for us either.  

.dbx file has been updated on our machines.  Shortcuts from 2016 populate.  Shortcuts from 2017 do not.  Shortcuts & references work.  However, one cannot edit them in the data shortcuts editor.  We are working in the editor for 2017.  We have tested the same projects in the 2016 editor; same result. See attached screenshots showing the files located on the server with dates of 2016 & 2017.  The same files are missing from the shortcuts editor. Please advise on a solution.

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
4555 West Memorial Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73142
T: 405.753.4200
Dir: 405.753.4616
www.connectcec.com

Message 6 of 24

We are still researching this, & upon further research have found 2016 shortcuts that do not show up as well.  See the attached images.

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 7 of 24
deemanning
in reply to: jessica.miller

This fix was sent to me from Eagle Point support who received it from Autodesk. When I use this executable the data shortcuts show up in the editor. As always run your virus scans before opening EXE's from people you don't know.

Unzip the file, run the program. Simple as that.

Message 8 of 24
llains

Thank you very much Dustin.

Your solution woks fine for me 🙂

Now I can edit my C3D 2017 shortcuts.

Luis Lains

Message 9 of 24
jessica.miller

Looks like there's hope!

I've forwarded this to our IT team & will report back.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 10 of 24
sean.keohane
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This fix did not fix it! (using c3d 2017 still, got a new PC since my last post and a complete new install too)

Regards

Sean

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread, but C3D 2017 has a data shortcut manger built-in now. http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/Civil3D-UserGuide/files/GUID-56502A1D-0E87-4E8D-A3A8-FEF...

It's not exactly the same as the data shortcut editor, but it works.

Message 12 of 24
llains

Hi TWait

Thanks for the reply. It woks for same tasks.

But, as far as I know, that doesn't solve the problem when we need to change the Data Shortcuts Folder.

Luis Lains

Message 13 of 24
crispy_bacon2

Thank you for pointing out the Data Shortcut Manager and giving the form link.

Although it is true that I can't change the data shortcut folder paths, the "Data Shortcut Manager" at least still allows me to re-associate each drawing individually since I can't get the "Data Shortcut Editor" to work.

Message 14 of 24

Glad to be of help!
Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 15 of 24

I'm new to this and I don't know if I need to start a new thread for a related questions, so I will just ask it here and then be told to do otherwise. (Sorry!)

Does anyone know the reasons why we shouldn't just open the data shortcut xml file in Notepad (or an equivalent) and manually change the reference? I know the risk of fat-fingering or accidentally deleting something important is high, but the path is clearly identifiable, the coding is short, and, if I make a copy of the old as a backup, are there any other risks to manually changing the xml file that I am not seeing?

Thanks!

Message 16 of 24

I like the thought of doing that. It all looks so foreign to me when I
open those!
Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.miller

If you do get into editing XML files, I recommend using an XML editor to help prevent mucking up the file.  XML notepad is what I've used. (https://xmlnotepad.codeplex.com/)

Message 18 of 24
crispy_bacon2

Thanks. It seems like I can do it, but the file specifically says "PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!" at the top of the code, so I was a little nervous doing that.

Message 19 of 24

Well, I made the file path change manually in the xml files and things are working smoothly. I'll report back if anything odd happens...

Message 20 of 24

Good thinking!!

Jessica Miller
Design Technician
CEC Corporation
www.connectcec.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report