Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut and Fill volumes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
207 Views, 1 Reply

Cut and Fill volumes

Hello -

I posted a similar question earlier, but have not had any responses.  This is a different file...with same problem.

I created a datum surface from the corridor and I am isolating the are under the curb, so I hid the middle.  I created these boundries by adding them interactively from the corridor and selecting the Back of Curb and Flange.  You will see that the datum surface is being displayed properly and only the area under the curb is showing up for the datum surface.

Then I am comparing the existing surfacing (XG-9) to the datum surface to get my cut/fills under the curb.  However, in the cross sections the edgo of pavement to edge of pavement is being included in the cut, which is NOT what I want to happen.

Any ideas why this is happending?  The problem occurs at the interesction baselines.

I am working in Civil 3d 2016

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Try creating the hide boundary exactly over the top of the outer boundary and then add each of the curb areas as a show boundary.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report