Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut and Fill volumes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
332 Views, 5 Replies

Cut and Fill volumes

I am trying to create a cut and fill volume between my eg surface and the sub base surface of my roadway.

As it is now my fg surface is the top of the pavement.  Is there a way to adjust the fg surface down 5" to the sub base surface to calculate a new volume which would exclude the roadway?

Thanks

Mick Nutter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you create the surface?

Assuming it's a corridor, you can create a SG surface from the corridor using the bottom links.(see attached)

Please accept as a solution if this solved your problem, and Kudos are always welcome!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

This lowered the elevation by 4".  My subassembly is 5".  Is there a default setting which is set to 4"?

Thanks

Mick Nutter

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

When you created your SG surface, did you specify that you're creating it from the datum? (see attached) you may be selecting sub-base

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I did have it set to the sub base and changed it to datum.  It still subtracts 4.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hmmmm... Ok

1. Double check your assembly (or assemblies) to confirm the 5"
  2. Double check that you're using the correct assembly.

If you're still having problems, I'd be happy to check it over if you can send me the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report