Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing the Ribbon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
548 Views, 2 Replies

Customizing the Ribbon

Yesterday I decided it was time to delve into the realm of creating a custom ribbon with all the tools that I commonly use so I don't have to switch between the default ribbons all the time. So, I created a custom CUI and added a new Tab and Panel. In the panel I added three commands that are all Civil3D related. When I click on the "Panel Dialog Box Launcher" to see a preview of the panel, the icons are there. However, when I add the ribbon tab to the current workspace, the icons show up as a white cloud with a question mark in the middle. I thought this would have been covered in a previous post but for some reason I can't find anything. Any thoughts?

I am using Civil 3D 2010. Edited by: usu2002 on Oct 26, 2009 1:34 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

To fix this,

Make sure civil 3d is NOT running.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR USERNAME)\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support and make a copy of c3d.dll and rename it so that it has the same name as your custom cui, (which should be in this directory by default), but with the .dll extension.

Start Civil 3d. Icons should be fixed.

You may need to switch workspaces and/or tab.

In part of the help file it says that icons are sourced from icon files including .dll.

So putting it together, I worked out that the c3d.dll held all the icons that civil 3d uses.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 11
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2023
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That worked like a champ. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report