Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Point Style Layering

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
nusouthsc
912 Views, 20 Replies

Custom Point Style Layering

Hi all,

Pretty simple question here. I am biting the bullet and setting up my description keys and my custom point styles. I was wondering what the consensus is about creating a layer for each custom label? Example for a water valve, do you create a V-NODE-Water-valve layer? Or do you leave on the preset V-NODE layer? What are the benefits/drawbacks of each. I just wanted to get input before I do something I regret. I appreciate any input or advise. 

Josh Ellis

Nu-South Surveying

Anderson, SC

Josh Ellis
Nu-South Surveying
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
jefflambert9091
in reply to: _Hathaway

With you on this one @_Hathaway . To each their own I say. Always more than one way to do something, Even though you can setup C3D without controlling by layers, AutoCAD is layer based (NCS) and taking that to C3D seems to make sense.  Kids out of school (engineers, surveyors) have some training in AutoCAD and some in C3D and they understand the layer concept, plus we were all brought up that way before C3D was out. Try to keep an open mind and I would like to experiment with C3D and  @rl_jackson's way, but changing over 60 users would be a challenge.  

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report