Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Automatic Section View Labels

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tom.buhler
262 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Automatic Section View Labels

All,

Thank you for your time reviewing this. I've been updating our template to automate labeling. When trying to automate labeling section views I'm running into an issue where I can't seem to achieve the customization I want.

Ideally I could label a section like in the image below. The labels should include slopes, offsets, elevations, and display the code (TR, SB, EG, or FG). Additionally the labels would stagger and automatically be readable.

tombuhler_0-1626394057359.png

What I get instead is this mess below using the code set labels. I get the correct labels (set by the code set) with the colors set by label style, but I can't seem to figure out how to stagger my labels. Also editing the label's position requires a ctrl+click to highlight the label then it can be moved, this is not ideal.

tombuhler_1-1626394073050.png

I tried using the point set styles to add the labels since this appears to be the only way to add the automatic staggering. While this removes the necessity to ctrl+click to move labels, i lose the individual stlyes with colors based on the subassembly point code.

tombuhler_2-1626394267002.png

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the combo of stagger, colors (dependent on code), and the easy drag?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
m_kingdon
in reply to: tom.buhler

I could be wrong, but I don't think section labels can stagger themselves.  I think you need to create labels that have a stagger and apply them when needed.  i.e have straight labels, labels staggered inwards (towards CL) and outwards (away from CL).  Set marker labels to straight/left/right as needed.

For the example below:

I added stagger in label to Flange Point, straight label to Gutter point and stagger inwards label to Top of Kerb and Back of Kerb.

stagger 1.pngstagger 2.JPGstagger 3.JPG

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report