Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
348 Views, 6 Replies

Cross Section

The project that I'm working on consist of numerous station alignments that are linked to cross section. The problem that I have now is we gotten back  the comments from the reviewer and we must renumber some of the alignment station, how do I get the new stationing to update and modify the cross section labels..ect.  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you moving an Alignment Station (e.g. PC) or Re-stationing the whole alignment?

Whatever you are doing, change it and see what happens.

Bill

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for getting back...We have to re-station the whole alignment.

Message 4 of 7
wfberry

I would suggest that to re-station your alignment you can just change the beginning point.  Just how much difference do you need?  When you change the stations you will have about no chance for your sample lines to be in the exact same location as before.  My opinion is you will have to re-do your sections.

Bill

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Bill the issue is when I re-station the alignment "example change my station 0+00 to 10+00"  the cross section labels disappear, is there anyway that the cross section can stay part of the alignment and update to the new stationing. I don't mind the location of the sample line staying put I just want it to update along with the new 10+00 we just changed to.

Message 6 of 7
wfberry

BTW it has been some time since I did much cross section work.  I would hope someone else would drop in and offer some help on this.  I think you will have to re-do your sections.

BTW, back when I did cross sections it seemed the ONLY way to do cross sections was to use a separate file.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
cwr-pae

When you change the stationing of the alignment the sample lines remain at the same numerical station (sample line at station 1+00 stays at 1+00) there fore some or all sample lines will relocated relative to everything else. The only solution I know of is to delete the sample line group and create a new one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report