Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross section labeling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
trynders
685 Views, 3 Replies

Cross section labeling

Hi all,

I have created some cross sections and have some labels.  I really only want the top surface lines to be labeld with the slope.  not each link.  or shape? 

see attachment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: trynders

From what I can tell based on your description and image, it looks like the labeling of your cross sections is being handled through the Section View Group Properties > Sections tab and the Style (or Code Set Style) that is getting applied to your design corridor.  If you edit the Code Set Style that is applied, you can see what Links or Shapes in turn have a Label Style applied to them.  If you see links or shapes that correspond to your subassembly sublayers, you can just change the Label Style to <none> to turn off their display.  If you are not seeing all the link codes that are part of your subassemblies you need to use the Import Codes button to bring in the codes from the subassembly.  You actually might want to copy the existing Code Set Style and then modify the copy, and then apply the copy to the Section View Group Properties.  If it turns out that the subassembly has the same link names applied to multiple links then the subassembly needs to be redefined to have different link names, so that you can have labeling granularity if you will.

Message 3 of 4
trynders
in reply to: Anonymous

Dang,

Still lost... I found where I could click on a subassembly and enter RemoveSubassemblyCodes at the command line but it returns..."Cannot remove codes from a script-generated subassembly".  It believe I need to edit the sub assemblies and remove the point codes from the sub base.  Don't know how to do that.  Looking at the attached PDF, can I delete the bottom two circles (point codes)?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: trynders

You do not need to remove the subassembly codes, you need to specify how you want Civil 3D to label the subassembly links or in your case how not to label them.  So I would really need to look at the assembly itself to see how the codes are setup and by what method you are labeling the cross sections.  Not sure what version of C3D you are running, so you may see things differently than I.  

Can you post of a copy of the file, or if you prefer send me a private message and I will send you my email so that you can email me the file?  Otherwise, if what I said previously did not make sense when you went though it then it is difficult for me to know what is going on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report