Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple sections from surface

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
492 Views, 1 Reply

Creating multiple sections from surface

I'm looking to create multiple sections of my existing civil 3D surfaces.

I recently did a hydrographic survey of an ocean disposal dumpsite for a dredging project.

So I loaded my xyz cogo points and created two surfaces from my point groups (pre-dredge and post-dredge) then I trimmed the two surfaces using a boundary polyline of the approved 400m by 800m disposal site.

I did a tin volume surface to compare the fill volume that was dumped between the two surveys. Now I would like to draw sections or profiles thru the center of the dumpsite from station 0+000 to 0+800 at 10.0 m intervals.

I created a centerline alignment of my polyline down the middle and from there I get lost.

I'm not sure if I need to create multiple profile views or create multiple section views not exactly sure what the difference is)

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I've tried looking at tutorials on YouTube and forums but sometimes there's just too much stuff on the internet that you can't find exactly what you're looking for. '

I've been using CAD for 15 years but this is my first job using Civil 3D so the more detail on how to do this the better.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jroot
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you are close.

First, on the HOME tab, create Sample Lines.  This is where you can set your interval and how wide the sections will be.

Then SECTION VIEWS...Create Multiple Views. Use "Draft" to place the views in Model space.  You may need to tweak the styles to get them looking right if you've never set them up before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report