Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating an annotative block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
462 Views, 4 Replies

creating an annotative block

I use a lot of symbols inserted as blocks. They need to always plot at a certain size. Currently i have a block that was created with the "wblock" command and i select all and scale as necessary using the properties dialog box. This doesnt work when you have multiple viewports, so i have to vport freeze the layer the blocks are drawn on and reinsert them in paper space, or on a different layer in model space. I would like to only have to insert/place them once. What i can't figure out is how to edit the block to be annotative always? My band aid fix is to select the non annotative block and use the "block" command to make it annotative. I don't want to have to do that every time. How do you write a block and make it annotative? For some reason the "wblock" command doesnt have that option, but the "block" command does????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michael_robertson
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the Block in Block Editor, without selecting anything bring up the properties window. In the Block section at the bottom change the annotative setting from "no" to "yes"

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michael_robertson

Opened block editor, right clicked, and without selecting anything properties is not an option... Should it be one of the tabs? The tabs i have available are : open/save, geometric, dimensional, manage, action parameters, visibility, close. I checked the show panels, and all of them are turned on.

Message 4 of 5
michael_robertson
in reply to: Anonymous

Try just entering the command "pr" to bring up properties.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michael_robertson

The solution only worked in the individual drawing. Tried inserting the same block into another drawing and it's not annotative anymore. What i want is for the blocks in my seperate directory to always be annotative. I don't want to have to edit them every single time..........

I made an attempt to get what i wanted going a different direction which didn't work. What am i doing wrong here?????

1) Inserted non annotative block "fd monument" into my drawing

2) Used the wblock command to save the non annotative block to my blocks directory with a name of "fd monument annotative"

3) Opened the block in the blocks directory as another drawing (not w/block editor)

4) used block editor to make the block annotative

5) saved the block in block editor, saved the block file "fd monument annotative"

6) went back into my working drawing and inserted my new block "fd monument annotative"

It wasn't annotative..................................................................................................................

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report