Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Alignment Types

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BWYarger
351 Views, 4 Replies

Create New Alignment Types

C3D lists four alignment types: Centerline, Offset, Curb Return and Miscellaneous.  I would like to have a few more rather than putting them all together in Miscellaneous.  Is it possible to create new alignment type categories, such as sidewalk and ditch?

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BWYarger

You can’t create new types. However, in 2018 you can create folders under alignments 

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: BWYarger

Sounds like offset.
Naming template can help organize

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
BWYarger
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you.  That will do what I want.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Message 5 of 5
BWYarger
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I don't consider these to be offset alignments because they can parallel one alignment only to turn and parallel another alignment at an intersection, similar to a curb return, but much longer.  I try to enforce naming conventions, but still it is nice to be able to group them by something other than the starting letters in the name.  The folders will do what I wanted.

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report