Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Microstation standards from company Civil 3D standards?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
534 Views, 4 Replies

Create Microstation standards from company Civil 3D standards?

We have projects that may be in either AutoCAD or Microstation depending on the client and/or staff workload. We are looking to make our Microstation projects mimic the styles used in our Civil 3D template. 

Does anyone have any tips on how to go about matching C3D Styles to useful information for setting up the Microstation libraries, levels, symbology, etc.?  The only way I can think is to launch both, each on a seperate screen, then my Microstation manager can "scroll through" the Toolspace Settings while making the appropriate changes in Microstation/Geopak/InRoads.

Any other suggestions? I'm at a loss as to what to tell him on how to start this task.  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm no expert on the process but I do know a few things. A lot will depend on which Bentley civil product you are using (i.e InRoads, Geopak, OpenRoads). Also, some of the tasks that apply to plain Microstation will be relatively easy whereas the civil product functionality will require tedious manual work. For example it is easy to convert layers, linestyles text styles, dim style, etc. between the 2 platforms but not so easy to set up the civil components such as cross sections, profiles, quantity take offs and such. The only way to handle those parts is to manually edit each of their settings files. Setting up the Design and Computation Manager in Geopak will require mapping each item to the appropriate styles, symbols, etc.

You might find help on the Bentley forums as well.   

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks. I can guess it will be pretty tedious to try to match (or just come close) to my Civil 3D Styles settings, but I didn't even know where to start on how to suggest trying to make Geopak or InRoads match. He kept asking if I could export the settings, but I told him there's not a way to "map" the Styles to Microstation, as far as I know.

Message 4 of 5
Neilw_05
in reply to: Anonymous

Before you get too far into the process, look online for any DOT's that have already done the work. They often make their CAD standards available to the public. Of course it is unlikely their standards will match yours perfectly but you might find something close.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

I suggested that, because we need to have a TxDOT compatible standard available anyway, but he wants to try to emulate our in-house standard too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report