Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Diverging Alignments From Existing Alignment

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ThreadRed
252 Views, 3 Replies

Create Diverging Alignments From Existing Alignment

How do I create diverging alignments (STA B, STA C) from an existing alignment (STA A)? In this case, the route splits at STA (A): 77+30. I want to continue the two split routes from STA (A): 77+30 to their separate end points.

Also, how would I create diverging alignments in the negative direction if STA (A) was 0+00?

Is there a different/better way instead of creating multiple individual alignments similar to what I did in this photo?Diverging Aligments.png

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: ThreadRed

In the alignment properties you can set the station reference point anywhere along the alignment and then define what station that location should be.  In the situation of STA B and C the station would would be 77+30, the end station of STA A.

MMcCall402_0-1722287731373.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 4
rl_jackson
in reply to: ThreadRed

Keep in mind that good design practices have alignment station so that they read South to North or West to East. This is the same principal used by DOT's, and a general drafting standard.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ThreadRed
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thank you for this helpful reminder. I've gotten the South to North labels confused in the past. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report