Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Civil 3D Object

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
drwhoar
425 Views, 5 Replies

Create Civil 3D Object

Hey Folks,

Got an interesting one for you to consider. I use Civil 3D for storm and sanitary, and it's great for both. However, it does not have the sewer laterals. So, I have to literally draw them as one/two tiny cleanouts, pipe(s), a wye (for the dual connection), and then a pipe down to the connection point. This is very time-consuming - as you might imagine! Is there a way I could create the sewer laterals as Civil 3D objects that I can insert and adjust, label, and then be able to get/set inverts at the cleanouts?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
matt_anderson_pe
in reply to: drwhoar

Not explicitly.  There are or should be third-party apps that will assist.

Matthew Anderson, PE
Message 3 of 6
NateSarles

My firm uses smaller-sized PVC Civil3D pipes as our laterals and you could use the label styles to differentiate between sewer main and laterals. We have a structure style for a cleanout, and creating a wye would be just as simple. Then you could use a second network to keep them separate. We also do this in the case of roof drains vs full-sized storm drain systems.

C3D 2022
Experienced Civil Site Designer/Drafter
Windows 11, 64 GB RAM
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13850HX
Message 4 of 6
drwhoar
in reply to: NateSarles

Thanks for info, but if you're offering to create it, I don't have the authority to order such a thing for my company.

Message 5 of 6
NateSarles

No, I was not offering to create something for you. I was offering a solution for you to attempt. That is something that would need to be created within your system environment to work seamlessly with your styles and templates.

C3D 2022
Experienced Civil Site Designer/Drafter
Windows 11, 64 GB RAM
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13850HX
Message 6 of 6
drwhoar
in reply to: NateSarles

Oh, okay, thanks. Sorry if that came across as curt, I just didn't want you putting forth a lot of effort on my behalf without knowing that I can't pay for some creating the items in question.

If you have any further details to share, I'd appreciate it. Other than that, I'll do some research and see what I can figure out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report