Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor with horizontal conditional targets

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
doni49
806 Views, 5 Replies

Corridor with horizontal conditional targets

I need to have my corridor use one of three links based upon the distance to a target alignment.  If the alignment is less than 2' away, use Link1, if the alignment is between 2' & 3' away, use Link2 and if the alignment is more than 3' away, use Link3.

But my corridor wasn't doing this as I expected.  So I've tried to do this in a separate test file (attached).  In the first image, you can see the target alignment starts out at 2' from the corridor alignment and ends at 4' from the alignment.  Which I means that in this case the "less than 2ft" conditional should NEVER be true.  As you can also see, the ONLY featureline that is actually generated is the one at 10 which should ONLY be generated when the "less than 2ft" conditional is true.

The second image shows the assembly in question.

Any ideas?C3DConditionals2.png

C3DConditionals.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: doni49

As you can also see, the ONLY featureline that is actually generated is the one at 10 which should ONLY be generated when the "less than 2ft" conditional is true.

Because all of your targets are set to the baseline alignment.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2025
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 6
Jay_B

Don,

The attached file has the Corridor baseline following Alignment (2) and the targets are also set to target Alignment (2) ?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 6
doni49
in reply to: fcernst

@fcernst wrote:

As you can also see, the ONLY featureline that is actually generated is the one at 10 which should ONLY be generated when the "less than 2ft" conditional is true.

Because all of your targets are set to the baseline alignment.

The CONDITIONALs are targeted to the same alignment -- otherwise it doesn't know which alignment to test against.  The actual links aren't set to target anything so they should use the widths as defined.

EDIT:  Now I see what you meant Fred, they were targeting the same alignment that the corridor was using.  I thought you were telling me to look at the actual links expecting to see THEM targeting the alignment.  Sorry and thanks.

C3DConditionals3.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 5 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Don,

The attached file has the Corridor baseline following Alignment (2) and the targets are also set to target Alignment (2) ?

Well that was a duh! moment on my part.  Ok so I changed the targets to Alignment (1) and did get closer.  The false condition fails (I get NOTHING when the distance is greater than 3'.

Updated file is attached.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
fcernst

The assembly is not built correctly (you can easily see that if you collapse the Assembly tree), and you don't have all the required conditional targets set.  

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2025
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report