Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Surface but with a planned gap

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kiarianc
192 Views, 2 Replies

Corridor Surface but with a planned gap

If you have a basic corridor and you split it into 3 sections, with just 2 baselines - section 1 & section 3 (section 2 being effectively a gap, and not needed) how do I then create a top surface for this corridor which only shows section 1 & 3 without extrapolating a surface in-between?
I'm on a drawing now and someone has done exactly that. But when I try, I get a surface which tries to bridge this gap (section 2). I want one surface, showing two portions of my corridor (section 1 and 3), with a gap in-between showing nothing, no surface (section 2). Am I missing something simple?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeew-m
in reply to: kiarianc

You have two options.

1. Add a hide boundary to your surface in the middle part.

2. Change the triangle length so that you do not get the middle part of the surface.

Jeewm_0-1656346542145.png

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
kiarianc
in reply to: Jeew-m

@Jeew-m Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check this out tomorrow. The triangle length does sound like the solution. I'll have a go with that tomorrow. If successful I'll post your reply as the solution. 
Edit: excellent. Exactly what I was looking for. Triangle length. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report