Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Issues

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1571 Views, 10 Replies

Corridor Issues

I am trying to design a proposed road through a field.  To start off I figured out where I wanted it.  It does have a radius in it going from EG to EG.  I created a surface profile with an CL alignment and did a vertical curve to figure out my slope percent.  Made a simple assembly.  Then I went to build my corridor with the CL alignment and thought that my proposed surface was all good but then I went to put a pipe under the intake on the low spot I had figured and the elevation was off.  So I went back to check some more elevations on the road corridor and it's the same elevation all the way across.  The elevations my corridor are showing is 724.28 top, 724.40 CL, 724.52 bottom.  How would I go about getting my corridor elevations and slopes the way I want them?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
nilesh33
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

First take basic checks

1. You have drawn alignment but not mentioned about the superelevation. Do you need it or one sided cross fall is ok from start to end of alignment.

2.make sure you have drawn correct 'Proposed Profile'.(0.5% - curve- 1.8%)

2. Then check corridor which alignment and profile you have used. make sure Proposed Profile is assigned in reqion properties.

3. You mentioned about surface-  check surface defination- codes assigned (should to be 'Top') also asign the top overhang correction

4. try to create sections and check your design.

Hope this is helpfull for you.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: nilesh33

I don't really know anything about superelevations.  I'll have to look into that.  But yes I need to bottom on a 1% slope higher and the top on a 1% slope lower.  Is my vertical curve the same thing as a proposed profile?  I have attached it.

Message 4 of 11
nilesh33

Hi,

No worries, we don't need surperelevation if you have fixed cross fall for total length of road.

In earlier attachment (plan) you have shown, 0.5% & 1.8% grades, but in your profile they are 0.6 &1.77. Differnece will be minor but still if we take spot levels, then sometime make issue. Smiley Happy

Ok, it seems profile is correct. Now check corridor properties.Specifically profile used, You should assign 'proposed porfile'

Then check suface definition in corridor surfaces >>> codes assigned.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I changed the profile used to the proposed but it doubled my corridor surface and grading around the corridor elevations.  So instead of 720's it is 1440's for the elevation.  Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 11
nilesh33

Hi,

It's strange. Either check your cross sections. Are they on correct elevations? if yes then problem with surface.

Then delete the previous suface and create new with only 'top' code in definition.

Can you post the file ? or put it dropbox.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

I have attached my drawing file.  As far as I know all my other elevations are good for my proposed surface.  Besides the road corridor I had to add a parking area and a basin.  I have all that done just need to get my road elevations right.  I am using C3D 2014 if that makes a difference.  Thanks for the help.

Message 8 of 11
nilesh33

Hi,

I have checked the file, please correct follwing minor but imp things

1. Your proposed profile is 'Verticle (2)' not 'Verticle'. So change the proposed profile in Corridor. (pick drop down)

2. In PROP ROAD Surface - (12)_ top & datum codes were added. So it is doing somthing wrong.

Delete this suface. rebuid the corridor. 

3. Create new suface & add 'Top' code in it and boundary to it.

I have checked it, this new surface showing correct values.

Since you already 'pasted' Surface - (12) into other surfaces, you need to add  this new surface again Surface - (13) and rebuid all surfaces.

If you are not using emabankment slopes from corridor (you created grading instead) please remove the 'DaylightMultiIntercept' subassemblies from your 'assembly' PROP ROAD. Change the code of assembly to the 'code with lable', you can see these subassemblies. Smiley Happy

"Please accept it as solution if it is usefull"

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I just have one more question.  I need to hold the EX elevation on the west side of the road for the first 50 feet and then start the slope.  I think that is why my .5% didn't match the profile.  I tried moving the corridor 50 feet to the east but that didn't work out right.  Do you know how I would go about doing that?

Message 10 of 11
nilesh33

Hi,

To hold existing elevation for first 50 feet, you need to draw 'proposed profile' in that manner. 

Go to Profile menu, choose Profile from surface and choose alignment. Add Existing ground into the Profile.

So you will get existing ground profile just below to proposed profile. Then add one PVI on proposed profile to match it with existing ground.

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks nilesh33.  You have been a BIG help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report