Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Gaps

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gpserra
277 Views, 6 Replies

Corridor Gaps

Any one know what could be causing the gaps in my corridor? I've recreated that region a few times and it always, but as soon as I split it into regions it just creates these gaps. Oddly enough, these gaps are not shown in the start/end stations. I've adjusted the frequencies a bit to no avail, they are always random in size and location but they only happen when I tried to split the regions for the different assemblies. 

Also, most of the corridor works fine for the rest of the site, it's just this small area that's giving me issues. 

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobertEVs
in reply to: gpserra

What happens when you manually add a frequency station the cursor should stop at the first or last station depending on the region and you can see if there is an actual gap.

RobertEVs_0-1723565382583.png

Message 3 of 7
gpserra
in reply to: RobertEVs

If I add sections, it does close the gap as long as I don't add it on the end station of the previous one. So essentially it's asymptotic, I can get really close, but I can't close it. For the time being that's what I'm doing, just leaving a very small gap. I just wanted to see what keeps causing all the issues I'm having in these drawings because I feel like their adding up to a slow working file. 

Message 4 of 7
RobertEVs

That is odd. Design profile at that station all good? Alignment good with no odd PVI's in the area? Can you post the drawing?

Message 5 of 7
gpserra

No gaps in the Alignment, and everything works fine for the rest of the corridor. Unfortunately I can't send it out as it is against company policy, not to mention I don't want to burden anyone with 20MB surface. 

Message 6 of 7
gpserra

Never Mind, I figured it out. Apparently if there's already a frequency section that was added there manually, it brakes the surface when you try and cut a region at the same station of that section. So I just had to go and delete the user section and then create the region. Face palm moment. 

Message 7 of 7
RobertEVs

Glad you remedied it. BTW you do not have to include a surface in the dwg when the issue is just a corridor model. Horizontal alignment and design profile are all that is needed for the model

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report