Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor elevation target issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
636 Views, 4 Replies

Corridor elevation target issue

I have offset drainage structures throughout my project. The only way i know to make these lows have the elevation i want is to create a left and right PGL and target the Outside Elevation Target. For some reason, some work and some don't. I added frequency and it fixes some and some it doesn't. I have also check and re-checked the PGL elevations and stations but some of them do not reflect what my right and left PGL lines are set to. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Perhaps I am not following what you are doing.  Don't you have a Final Surface to use as your target?

Bill

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

When creating a corridor it uses the assembly right? Well if I have a crown elevation of 18.00 and I want my drainage structures to be 17.80 (2% slope-10' wide pavement) how can you have the corridor read that elevation correctly if the lows aren't perpendicular to the high point in the road?

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Joe:

Your drainage work (piping) should be done after you have a final surface.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

The pipes were already put in for a Environmental Resource Permit which doesn't require a surface. So the drainage was done up front for this project which isn't a issue as it's easy to tell the structures to look at a surface after the fact. Not to be rude, but the order in which the pipes are added has nothing to do with the result i'm looking for. When creating a road surface generally a designer/engineer already knows where the drainage is going. So without the pipes actually being in the base you would still want to target outside lanes to a right EOP and left EOP to get the result you want if lows are not perpendicular to the high point in the crown of road.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report