Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridor Daylighting Issue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
320 Views, 10 Replies

Corridor Daylighting Issue

Civil 3D's corridor modeling looks great in all the demonstrations, but I'm having a hard time getting it to work with some of the steep terrain found here in the mountains.

The biggest problem that I'm running into is one where the daylight subassemblies sometimes tie in across the road centerline rather than away from it.

I've attached a few section views to illustrate - they're from the same assembly, same region, and are 10 feet apart station-wise. The middle section is the way it should be, but the others are obviously very far from being correct.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
nzeeben
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using any logical name mapping to alignments? That pehaps you picked backwards or something to that effect? I am reaching here but I have not had my daylight behave like you are shown before. Not saying it couldnt happen, just reaching for a cause.

Nick Zeeben
www.eng-eff.com
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

I wish that was the case, but the only alignment I have is the road centerline. Both of the subassemblies with problems are DaylightGeneral, but I've had the same issue with other types of daylight subassemblies as well. Usually it crops up when the surface can't be reached at the specified slope, but the slopes in this case are more than steep enough to reach the tie-in surface. I'm stumped.

Thanks,

- Jeremy
Message 4 of 11
nzeeben

Any chance you could post a version of it in customer files just to do some poking around? Email works too
nick.zeeben at the site listed below

www.eng-eff.com Message was edited by: nzeeben
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I just noticed something from looking at these images - it's using the correct slope to tie in and getting the correct elevation, but it records the offset from the centerline as negative instead of positive, or vice versa. I've checked already, and the subassemblies are set for the correct side.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

It's about a 30 meg file, but if that isn't too big then I'd be happy to send it over.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

When was the last time you did an repair installation? I hate to beat this
to death but I do this quite often.

Bill

wrote in message news:5152407@discussion.autodesk.com...
I just noticed something from looking at these images - it's using the
correct slope to tie in and getting the correct elevation, but it records
the offset from the centerline as negative instead of positive, or vice
versa. I've checked already, and the subassemblies are set for the correct
side.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I haven't repaired the installation at all yet. I've just installed the service packs though, and I've only had C3D installed for about a month now.

I fixed the problem though, but I haven't quite figured out what was causing it. I was having another issue where my alignment was somehow inserting the same curve twice (viewing them as consecutive) and creating a corridor on top of itself. Weird stuff.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Are you using the Audit command regularly?

wrote in message news:5152476@discussion.autodesk.com...
I haven't repaired the installation at all yet. I've just installed the
service packs though, and I've only had C3D installed for about a month now.

I fixed the problem though, but I haven't quite figured out what was causing
it. I was having another issue where my alignment was somehow inserting the
same curve twice (viewing them as consecutive) and creating a corridor on
top of itself. Weird stuff.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Yeah, I audit and purge as much as possible, but I don't usually find any errors. I'm hoping 2007 is a little less glitchy.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Just for what it's worth, I too have encountered this problem, and in relatively flat terrain at that. I don't have an example to
post right now, but it definitely seems to be a problem (assuming I'm not the problem). The strange thing about my case was that (if
I recall rightly) the corridor that was modelled was correct, just not the sections.

I don't have any fixes either, sorry.

Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report