Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coordinate transformation tool error message civil 3d 2023

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gabriel_gingras-lafleur
269 Views, 2 Replies

Coordinate transformation tool error message civil 3d 2023

Hello everyone,

While trying to use the civil 3d transformation tool, it seems to experience a problem.

Starting coordinate system : NAD83 zone 5 québec (CANQ-M5)

Destination coordinate system : NAD83 CSRS MTM zone 5 (CSRS.MTM-5)

While trying to make the conversion, doesn't matter what objects or if I try a different drawing, etc. it gives me the following error message :

coordinates transformation error.png

What bugs be, is that it gives me an error message while showing me that everything in my drawing is well within the limits. Anyone got an idea?

Thank you for your help!

P,s : it shows CANQ-M5_1 because I tried to copy the coordinate system to see if it would make a difference, but the problem occur on the original as well. 

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Gabriel,
Everything in your drawing is within the "useful range"? Did you do a ZOOM >> EXTENTS to make sure you don't have a block sitting at 0,0?
Dave

CANQ-M5_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3

Hi @gabriel_gingras-lafleur 

There appears to be 'objects' in your CANQ-M5 drawing that cannot be transformed to the new CSRS.MTM-5 drawing. Whether or not those objects are within the projection's range is unknown. Despite the wording in the warning, you should also investigate other reasons, whatever and however strange they may be, why they are unable to transform.

Can you share your dwg file for troubleshooting?

I would also test the Map3D Toolset to if it's possible to reach your goal of transformation.

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report