Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert blocks to points

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
JasperBoekling
35582 Views, 21 Replies

Convert blocks to points

Hi guys,

I want to convert blocks to points so I can make point groups from all blocks I have. I know I can use EATTEXT to extract the xyz from the blocks and import them into C3D as points. But is there a way to directly create points from block without having to export and import them?

By the way, I can export the rotation of the block but I can't import the rotation when creating points.

Thanks in advance!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
tom4YHX5
in reply to: JasperBoekling

FYI: I was able to get the cogo points needed by using the DATAEXTRACTION command in AutoCAD to extract the data from the blocks and then making the edits in .xlsx file to correctly get the formatting needed then saving it to a .csv file format to import in to Civil 3D for the cogo points being requested.

Thanks to a post I overlooked from

@TerryDotson wrote:

Your inserts don't contain any additional information such as attributes, so you can use the AutoCAD built in Extraction tools to create an ascii file. 

Thanks to everyone for helping in achieving my goal.

Message 22 of 22
Udo_Huebner
in reply to: tom4YHX5

@tom4YHX5 Sorry Tom, somehow I missed your question.
Attached you'll find an updated version usable from Civil 3D 2014 up to Civil 3D 2025.
This version changes Point "Number" not point "Name". If Blockreference elevation is zero, Elevation from Attribute is used instead. 

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report