Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contours on Corridor Surface

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2368 Views, 7 Replies

Contours on Corridor Surface

Hello,

I am currently working on a street reconstruction design along a curve alignment. I created superelevated assemblies, did a super elevation table, created a corridor, the section editor looks great. However, when I created a corridor surface and displayed the countours they do not seem to behave the way the section editor shows it. In the corridor surface properties, I inputted link and feature lines data, including datum, top, top of curb, and crown. It seems the contours are selecting the elevations from edge of pavement to edge of pavement. However I have  a crown in the middle. I even changed the point code of my assemblies to see if the countour could show the crown break in the middle. 

Please help me figure out how to show the crown point on my surface countours. 

I have attached an image of how my corridor surface contours look like. 

I am using Autocad Civil 3D 2015

THANK YOU! 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

You may have over done it with the links and feature lines.

If you want the finished surface for example, I only add top link, check the box to add as breaklines and select overhang correction from the drop down. You definitely do not want the datum links in the finished surface data.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you for your response. 

I apologize but I forgot to mentioned that I have tried the option you mentioned as well. I have also tried different variations. 

Other than data input, what else do you think it can cause the issue I am having? 

Thank you for your time. 

Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Can you post the file or dropbox it?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I have attached the drawing and promoted the data shorcuts so you can see what I have done .

Hopefully you can help me solve the issue. I appreciate it. 

Message 6 of 8
nilesh33

Hi,

If you check the corridor closely, lane width "LaneSuperelevationLEFTINSIDE" becomes zero. becasue of wrong offset target. Check offset target.

Currently it becomes single crowned pavement. If you would like to have same cross fall in total pavement width then contours are perfect.

if you have crown point in middle & diffenerent cross fall on pavement then it will look something as I have attached. (I have chaned offset target for  "LaneSuperelevationLEFTINSIDE" to Alosta Crown.

Your surface defination is almost correct. If you want 'top' surface, then Top surface & crown are good. add codes from curb as well.

Do we need datum code in top surface? if you need datum, create new datum surface.

"Please accept as solution, if you found it is usefull"

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nilesh33

Great! 

It did work. Thank you very much. 

So I guess my understanding about assemblies and their targets was not right. Correct me if I am wrong, so when I create a lane assembly, I know I can connect it to another lane assembly or to a baseline. For example, when I connect it to another lane assembly, that means my only target offset I would have would be the outside point of the lane correct? For some reason I thought I had to target the sub assembly  on both ends.

Thank you! 

Message 8 of 8
nilesh33

Hi,

You are almost there. Only need to think about 'attachement point' of 'subassembly'

For Lane width subassembly, you can give the offset target opposite side of the 'attachment point'. 

In your corridor you have attached 'lane width' subassembly to 'assembly' and then attached other lane width with curb.

My suggestion here about back checking your corridor, you should plot sections (draft mode) instead of looking into section editor. (At least I follow the same, since you can put other alignments into sections to check) Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report