Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contours Appearing In Corridor Gap

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
607 Views, 5 Replies

Contours Appearing In Corridor Gap

I am in the process of grading two proposed roads. I have created a gap in the corridor where the intersection will be. After completing the intersection, the contours are still appearing in the designated gap. This has not been designed using the intersection wizard. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jowennl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you try this alternative approach? Insert null assembly with Link width slope (0001 method) then add corridor outer extent boundary. Note: for null assembly remove link code and point code or make it None or Nonplot. 

Please see how to do this in <My AU Class> Forward to 50:30 for the concept and forward to 52:50 for demo on how to do it.

Cheers,

Jowenn

Message 3 of 6

I would Split Regions and then add a "null" assembly as @Jowennl said for the region which needs to be gapped. Then there will be no contours in that region.

My personal blog - AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D hidden Secrets and great tips in one place -

https://skillamplifier.com/

Amplify your skills to a new level!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Jowennl

Joween,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried creating the null assembly, but the contours are still appearing within the designated gap. I have recreated the corridor several times and the problem remains. Do you happen to have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Zach

Message 5 of 6
Jowennl

Hi @Anonymous,

The method I suggest below works fine in most cases but maybe you just missed something. Kindly see attached animated gif as a guide. If Null 0.0001 won't do the trick then make it 0.00001 but just not zero.

Couple of important steps needed includes:

1) Create surface from corridor with split region and assign Null assembly to the gap needed.

2) Making outer extent boundary as without that Null assembly won't work.

SampleCorridorWithNullGap.gifSampleCorridorWithNullGap.gif

If you can't reproduce the method above, then I suppose just make manual edit to remove extra contour in your surface. Change surface style to triangle and edit triangle by deleting excess surface and change it back to contour again.

Cheers,

Jowenn

Message 6 of 6
M_c3d

This happens due to civil 3d trying to be helpful and closing any triangulation gaps in corridors when generating a surface from it.

You can delete the triangulation that covers the gap, it will run precisley between your two regions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report