Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contour labeling

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
CaptainJoFo
951 Views, 14 Replies

contour labeling

In the dwg that I'm in, when I label contours, it is defaulting to turning the label line on and the contours off which is the opposite of what I want. I know how to change this in the properties and end up with what I want but what I can't figure out is why it is initially labeling them this way. I'd like to just label away and not have to go into properties and change the labels every time.  Where do I change the default label set up?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Jeew-m
in reply to: CaptainJoFo

Usually, you can update the default settings from the settings tab.

Right-click on add contour labeling and go to edit.

Jeewm_0-1645660043336.png

Jeewm_1-1645660083160.png

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 15
CaptainJoFo
in reply to: Jeew-m

I already tried that. I have the styles I want as default. I don't see anywhere to specify where to change display from false to true or vice versa.

Message 4 of 15
CaptainJoFo

Actually I did find where to specify the true/false display for the label line which I set to false. It still displays it as default though. I have yet to find the true/false display setting for the label.

Message 5 of 15
Jeew-m

Can we have an image of what you expect?

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer

Message 6 of 15
CaptainJoFo

I just expect to label a contour and have the label display and the label line not display. The default in this particular dwg is somehow the reverse of that. I label the contour and I see a label line and no contour label. Then I have to select the contour label line and go to properties and set the label line display to false and the labels display to true. Hopefully that clarifies it. I'm not sure what kind of image I would share that would help.

Message 7 of 15
Jeew-m

I also do not see any option. Usually, it comes as true by default.

I hope you use select similar and change properties as of now.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer

Message 8 of 15
rl_jackson

Setting, then Command settings

countour.jpg

PS: @CaptainJoFo, I have looked at this post multiple times and was like dang-it where is that! It's one of those things that you set it and forget it, do this in your DWT and you can forget it too....

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
user181

Hi @CaptainJoFo  for the label visibility edit the Label Style and on the General tab make sure Label Visibility is set to True

srflbl.png

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
CaptainJoFo
in reply to: rl_jackson

Already set to false yet it still defaults to showing the line when they are initially added.

Message 11 of 15
CaptainJoFo
in reply to: user181

Visibility is set to true. Still defaults to not show when labels are initially added.

Message 12 of 15
wfberry

Settings --> Surface --> Contour --> (Select the style you are using) Look for Visibility.

Bill

Message 13 of 15
cwr-pae

Don't edit the command or labeling settings, change the "Surface" settings. This applies to all surfaces. After this you may have to hunt for and change overrides in the sub branches.

cwr_0-1645730461880.png

Message 14 of 15
CaptainJoFo

After beating my head against the wall trying to communicate the information I needed I found the solution. What I was looking for is driven in the command settings. However it's NOT in the AddContourLabeling, it's in the AddContourLabelingGroup settings.

Message 15 of 15
CaptainJoFo

After further investigation... the above solution works for multiple contours at once. For individual contours the defaults in the AddContourLabelingSingle must be changes as well.

I'm not sure what the point of having these as separate settings from the AddContourLabeling defaults, but it is what it is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report