Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Catalog Editor Help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
433 Views, 2 Replies

Content Catalog Editor Help

I'm currently publishing parts into a content catalog for later use with pipe networks.  So far, I have successfully been able to create a content file, and load parts individually into the catalog.  However, this process is a bit cumbersome and I would like to utilize the batch import tool.  Unfortunately, I've had little success.

When I run the batch import tool, I'm returned with a "Batch Import Failure" box.  I believe this is happening because my content files have not been properly formatted.  I.E. Part family, connection type, material

Where/how would I include that information when building content files?  I know that this is possible because I've acquired content files that populate my catalog without issues.

I have included 2 zip files, and I'm running Auto CAD Civil 3D 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

My buddy Shawn Herring has a 4 part video on this that will walk you step by step through this entire process.  You can start video one by clicking the link below.  The other 3 will show up on the side for easy access...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIh2rK7vA0

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks for the reply, but what you posted is for manually adding parts into a catalog.  I want to use the batch import tool, and I need to modify the .xml (part of the the content file) so I can add part properties.  I believe you must do this so a batch import will work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report