Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected Alignment Help: Reverse Spiral Curve Spiral?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kafmilpon
336 Views, 2 Replies

Connected Alignment Help: Reverse Spiral Curve Spiral?

Hi all. I'm kinda new with Civil 3D so please bear with me. I'd like to ask about the Connected Alignment feature. I understand it is a new feature for Civil 3D 2022, so I can't find any videos/forum posts regarding my problem so far.

So right now I'm trying to make a connected alignment like this Curve (pink) with my centerline alignments (blue). The desired curve direction/location is also indicated. I chose curve type: Reverse Spiral-Spiral-Curve-Spiral-Spiral since there's no option for Reverse Spiral-Curve-Spiral only. But when entering the exact parameters of the curves/arcs and the appropriate offsets, I get the 'Unable to find a solution based on current curve type and parameters' error, and the "Create an auto-fit connected alignment" option doesn't yield any results either. I wonder what gives.

Connected Alignment Location.PNG

That said, I also tried the Spiral-Curve-Spiral curve type, to see if any of the other curves can produce a connected alignment, and it did, but interestingly enough it didn't follow the curve direction that I chose prior to the dialog box.. I wonder if that's a bug or something.

Connected Alignment, SpiralCurveSpiral.PNG

So I'd like to ask if I can do the given curve using the Connected Alignment feature. I know I can do this by just converting the objects to Alignment, but I'd really like it if this feature can do the given geometry too (saves time from creating profiles too).  Thanks in advance! I also attached a dwg file if anyone wants to try.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Beka_Tchigladze
in reply to: kafmilpon

@kafmilpon 

Hello and welcome

as you can see, there is not an option in the list for reverse curve-curve-reverse curve, you have to draw it using alignment geometry editor, or create alignment from object, connecting alignments are very useful for cloverleafs but not for cloverstacks  you can not get every ramp dynamic with each other, you have to design some of them manually.

Beka Tchighladze
Road/Highway Technical Designer

AEC Collection/C3D 2022
WIN 11 64 PRO
Predator Triton 300SE, Intel Core i7 11370H, 24 GB
NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6 GB
YouTube--->Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
kafmilpon
in reply to: Beka_Tchigladze

Hi Beka, Thanks for replying and the clarification. That is unfortunate, but maybe I'm just being lazy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report