Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Subassembly for creek setbacks?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jeff_M
362 Views, 2 Replies

Conditional Subassembly for creek setbacks?

I have a natural waterway with banks that range from near vertical to about 4:1. I had thought it would be a fairly simple task (and probably is, except for this mental block I seem to have imposed on myself) to use a corridor to calculate my building setback line. The setback is defined as "2.5:1 plus 50 from the toe OR 50 from the top, whichever is greater". I've got the assembly that gives me the first part, and it shows that the latter only actually controls in 2 small areas. So, for this project, I can edit these sections manually and be done. But I have another pending project that will require this and I would like to be able to use this method, but have it be smart and know when the top controls or when the 2.5:1 controls.

I have featurelines, at elevation, for both the toe & top, to be used as targets.

Any thoughts or shoves in the right direction?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: Jeff_M

Maybe not exactly what you want but it should give you that all important outer line.

Add both scenarios to the corridor then make a corridor surface and use the corridor extents as the boundary.  This boundary line will be the outer most point.

Makes sense?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: mathewkol

Yes, that does make sense! And, as I suspected, a rather simple solution. Thanks! 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report