Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concrete and Gravel hatching in Civil3D 2012 appear as solid.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
htran88
3439 Views, 6 Replies

Concrete and Gravel hatching in Civil3D 2012 appear as solid.

I am having some issues with irregular hatch patterns in Civil3D 2012.  I have several hatch objects, all with the same settings (AR-CONC, Scale 0.01, Rotation 0, Origin, however, some of the hatch objects show as a solid.  If I increase the scale, the hatch objects change from solid, but of course the scale is now wrong.  I have also tried changing the linetype scale from 1 to 1.1 and this too results in the hatch object to change from solid, albeit temporarily.  I have tried changing the origin, and again, the hatch will change from solid, but some of the hatch objects revert back to solid.  Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Civ3D 2012

Windows7 PRO, 8GB RAM, ATI HD Radeon 5800

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: htran88

I opened up your drawing.  Not sure what your problem may be and am enclosing what I have upon opening file.

Hopefully this picture will show OK.  Let me know.

Bill

Message 3 of 7
htran88

Thanks for the reply Bill, your screen shot doesn't show the issue I am having, I have attached an image of what the issue is.  The solid hatching on the East side of the road has the same attributes as the AC-Conc hatching on the West side of the road. Hope this clarifies the problem.

Message 4 of 7
Sinc

Is this file any better?

When I opened your drawing, that hatch wasn't a solid blob, but it was "messed up" because it had the origin set to (0,0).  I used MATCHPROP to copy the origin to the hatches that were messed up.

Hatches.png

Sinc
Message 5 of 7
htran88
in reply to: Sinc

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the scale of the hatching is too big.  In order for the hatching to show at the right size it has to be at 0.05 and when you change the scale, the hatching turns solid...if I click on one of the hatch objects that is solid and type over the linetype scale and re-enter 1.0 the hatching will show up properly again...

Message 6 of 7
wfberry

This drawing does not seem to be acting like your previous.  I am not experiencing what you have suggested.  Perhaps you may need to do a "Repair of the installation" of your Civil 3D through the Control Panel.

Bill

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi there..

i have the same problem like you. Manage to solve it just go to option under file tab, then working support file search path. click add n browse where your *.pat file are located and clock ok and close your autocad program and try it now.. i hope that help, me know .. Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report