Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

computing volume using sample lines

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
488 Views, 1 Reply

computing volume using sample lines

Hi i am Rohit 

can somebody guide me how to compute earthwork volume at four arm intersection.

I have created intersection design for two roads, corridor for different regions has been created using baseline and target parameter, corridor surface and its boundary has been created for all corridor regions.

now the problem for me lies in calculating volume report for the entire corridor surface. 

is it possible to calculate volume report using one sample line group for the entire corridor surface or a separate sample line has to be created for every region ? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rohit and welcome to the forums!

When computing volumes using sample line groups, it will compute the volume between the sample lines. In order to get the entire corridor, you would need to create a sample line wide enough to encompass the cross road.

Another alternative is to create three sample line groups. One for the main road, one for the side road coming into the main road, and one for the side road leaving the main road (or 1 on the side road and two on the main road). You don't want to do it in just two sample line groups because the interior of the intersection would be calculated twice.

Another alternative is to compute the volume between the surfaces directly using the Volumes Dashboard.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report