Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compute material is not computed properly in cross sections

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1102 Views, 13 Replies

Compute material is not computed properly in cross sections

Hi.

i compute materials and most of cross sections are computed. But some of them aren't computed completely.

Can i hatch manually and it gets added to the volume ?

You can see what i mean in the two pics

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
cwr-pae
in reply to: Anonymous

Pics not attached. But no, you can't hatch the section manually and have it add to the quantities. Hopefully the solution is easy once we see the pics.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

here you are 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Sorry i had a problem in uploading here you are now

Message 5 of 14
madhu_konga

check the surface in object viewer is it build proper, if not use future lines as a surface break lines with point codes.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: madhu_konga

I guess the surface looks fine in the cross section

Message 7 of 14
madhu_konga

send your file for better understanding, Let me check what is the problem.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: madhu_konga

Here it is

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Still my problem hasn't been solved

Message 10 of 14
cwr-pae

I spent around 3 hours poking around in your drawing with out finding a complete solution. I do have some suggestions that may help. If I understand correctly you are removing material to make the cut surface, then building the canal structure and side fill on that surface to follow the expected construction process.

Instead of using multiple surfaces to determine your volumes for your 2 fill surfaces paste the G.L, Cut and Structure surfaces to a single surface for your lower surface in the materials list. This will simplify the sections and maybe fix the problem. Note you an still show the G.L, cut and structure in the section view, just don't use them in the materials.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

Yes sir. You are right about that i will cut first , build the structure then refill on the both sides.

So how can i merge the 3 surfaces and when i target how will it target the cut surface not the G.L

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

And i am sorry that you spent all this time to find the issue and is it a common issue happens with ppl or it just happens with me ?

Message 13 of 14
Joe-Bouza

Not you. Happens to all of us from time to time. modeling process can put blinders on us and we don't see the trees in the forest

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
cwr-pae

Create a new blank surface, under edits in the prospector tree is the command paste. After pasting go to surface properties, definition tab. Make sure the cut surface is on the bottom. See images:

Screenshot 2021-10-05 081312.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-05 081522.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report