Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line Becomes Active in Other File

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rbarton2
813 Views, 7 Replies

Command Line Becomes Active in Other File

Sometimes when I have multiple cad files open, the command line inactivates in the file I'm working in and becomes active in a different file. It's very annoying, but easy to fix; I switch to the other file, exit the command that started typing in the command line, switch back to the original file, and continue working like normal. It used to just happen occasionally, but now it sometimes happens every few minutes and I'm being very inefficient.

Does anyone know why this happens, why it's gotten worse, or how to stop it from happening?

Some info that may or may not be relevant: the files I have open contain plenty of C3D objects (it doesn't seem to happen as much with plain vanilla CAD) and all XREF the same three other files. I'm running 2018 cad right now, though it happens just as much when I run 2017. I'm up to date on all service packs and maintenance. I reboot my computer regularly. Level of detail is off, which the forums say has some association.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeew-m
in reply to: rbarton2

Hi,

Does this happen with every dwg or certain dwg. I have a little doubt that this may be a result of auto save option of the other drawing. 

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
Joe-Bouza

Turn off the view display thing... crud I never rem the name

hild on...

the surface display tiggle for showing mire or less

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza

LEVEOFDETAIL

CRS don’t get old kid

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
rbarton2

As I said in my original post, LEVELOFDETAIL is already off.

It happens with every drawing, though it seems to have gotten worse with the particular project I'm working on currently. Can you tell me more about the autosave issue?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/annoying-automatic-switch-to-other-open-drawing/td-p/33...

this thread may/may not help. I get this intermittently. It drives me flipping nuts.

Message 7 of 8
rbarton2
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, but it doesn't seem applicable to me. I don't know much about that sort of program interaction, but it seems that I don't have that kind of enabler active.

Message 8 of 8
grzegorz.cwiek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report