Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Units

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
DM00SE
589 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D Units

Hi

I cant find a solution to this on the internet anywhere which makes me believe its not possible.

Can I have Civil 3d Alignments work in Miles and yards so that it starts at 0m 0000yards and I have it go up in 110 yards then when it hits 0m 1760yards it changes to 1m 0000yards any help would be appreciated on this matter

Paul
... More Less

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MMcCall402
in reply to: DM00SE

I think you could accomplish this by adjusting your label styles and adjusting where they are applied.

With the alignment units set to feet, set your major station labels to an increment distance of 5280 feet and a label style that uses miles in its label value. Set the minor stationing to .... 300 feet? (100 yds) and use a label style with its values in yards.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 8
DM00SE
in reply to: MMcCall402

thanks for the reply and we are almost there, I have the miles in major labels and they go up no problem however the problem arises with the yards and once they get to 1760 they just carry on and go to 1870 where as I want it to start again, 1760 should be 0 and 1870 should be 110. (see pic)

Message 4 of 8
MMcCall402

Try the Offset from Major Station in the minor station label component.  

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
DM00SE

Cheers buddy

almost there.

I get what appears to be a glitch when i do this in a metric drawing. at 660 yards it repeats this number then starts again at 880 so is ok at 1 mile, at 1mile 550 yards it repeats 550 yards but doesnt sort itself out and at 2 miles offsets the 0000 yards to 110yards past the 2 mile marker. it does not do this in an imperial drawing.

i guess it wasnt meant to be

Message 6 of 8
DM00SE

oh and hear are the setting i use in my metric drawing

Message 7 of 8
MMcCall402

Interesting, I get the same result.  It must be some sort of a conversion glitch in the software, but I did figure out a way around it.  Set the minor increment to 100.584000001.  Its ever so slightly off from being exactly 1/16th of a mile but still close enough to not create a duplicate station label at even 1 mi. stations. The slightly off value resets at each mile so I won't accumulate over a long distance.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
DM00SE

hi 

thanks for your reply, i did actually find the same solution although i put a load of 4's after which did the trick.

Thanks for all your help. youve been miles quicker than the autodesk enterprise team anyhoo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report