Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D to Google earth

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2661 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D to Google earth

Hi All!

I am importing a CAD base plan with lane marking (dash lines) to google earth (2D plan) using EXPORTKML command .But it when it goes to google earth dash lines comes as continuous. All line types seems to be same and colors only vary. I tried with changing line scales, but not worked. Can anyone help me on it?

(Then I took an alternate way to explode dash lines using a lisp to small multiple lines. it worked but those lines are scattered and not nice. But it is a alternate path)

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: Anonymous

EXPORTKML command, also accessible by going to Toolspace>Toolbox Tab>Misc Utilities>Expand Export KML> Select Export KML. When you execute this command, you won't retain the AutoCAD line type, it will default to what Google wants, which by the way, is continuous solid line.

While in Google Earth Pro, you may right click your imported line in the Places Panel on the left and select Properties from the shortcut menu. Then go to the Style, Color Tab where you can customize your line. For line customization, your choices are limited to color, width and opacity. Google provides no option for line type. Sorry, you get what you get.. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Hi!

Thank you very much.

Yeah I saw same reply in a forum few years back, but still it seems remaining to be same. In google earth pro, I can change color and thickness as you said, but I think cannot convert to dash lines.

So I used a lisp to explode dash lines, they not much messy if we break line in to small segments and then use the lisp. The result I got is attached.

Anyway, I hope I can get some output combining your answer and lisp. Thank you very much! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report