Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Table Settings (ROW HEIGHT)

99 REPLIES 99
Message 1 of 100
Anonymous
17049 Views, 99 Replies

Civil 3D Table Settings (ROW HEIGHT)

Hey Everybody I searched all these boards and found a couple posts on this but no answers. Is there a way to change the row height in Civil 3D Created Tables (What I'm working with is Parcel Line and Curve Tables). I don't see any options in the styles or table properties menus and changing it in the general autocad tablestyles menu does nothing. Thanks for the help!

Matt Moore
Racey Engineering, PLLC
C3D SP2
Tags (1)
99 REPLIES 99
Message 41 of 100
tazeman
in reply to: ChrisRS

I agree!!

Message 42 of 100
tazeman
in reply to: RandyBenson

You know I like to go to Orlando Florida some times. However, if getting there means I have to fly to New York, San Diago, Seatle, and Chicago first and the ticket costs 8 grand, that really kills my enthusiasm to visit Mickey.

Similarly, with high-dollar software this is an absurd joke.

Message 43 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe they'll fix it in 2020.

Message 44 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: tazeman

Maybe we need a "Go Fund Me" ??

Message 45 of 100
DBreisch

I know you are being humorous but NO, AutoDesk gets enough of our money. They should fix the legitimate issues the end users have to deal with as part of the product they provide.

Message 46 of 100
Anonymous

You could make a viewport for each cell.

Message 47 of 100
tazeman

We could also print out lines of text and do an old school cut and paste!! My 6 year old loves a nice cut and paste project.

Message 48 of 100
Incognito_Cube

Yeah,

@Anonymouswrote:

You could make a viewport for each cell.

the whole 64 max active viewports really kill that already terrible, terrible option... Smiley Tongue

Message 49 of 100
Incognito_Cube

@Anonymouswrote:

Maybe they'll fix it in 2020.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Edit: This didn't age well.

Message 50 of 100
Anonymous
in reply to: Incognito_Cube

Multiple drawings with xref's. (Seriously though, thanks. I had no idea of that upper limit.)
Message 51 of 100
Incognito_Cube

@Anonymouswrote:
Multiple drawings with xref's. (Seriously though, thanks. I had no idea of that upper limit.)

Me neither, until I had to try that exact pain-in-the-ass of a workaround to one of my already crowded Plats with anywhere from 50 to 175 Line Tags and 40 to 70 Curve Tags per sheet. We were already so far into the project and the Surveyor came back wanting more detail, and larger Text on the Tables without creating an entire sheet for the Tags...

Needless to say, I hit that **** VP limit SO FAST Smiley Sad

Message 52 of 100
JOKO_

Still no option for adjusting the row height of dynamic tables in C3D 2019.  What a letdown.  

Message 53 of 100
Incognito_Cube
in reply to: JOKO_

@JOKO_ wrote:

Still no option for adjusting the row height of dynamic tables in C3D 2019.  What a letdown.  

It's like the dev team (only ones I actually, truly, give props to by the way.) doesn't actually use the program and none of the Management, QC, or Customer Service Teams listen...

Who'd-a guessed? Smiley Tongue

Message 54 of 100
RandyBenson
in reply to: JOKO_

Yeah, nope. Consistently disappointed but not surprised.
Message 55 of 100
Anonymous

It seems like such a fundamental thing. But HERE'S THE IRONY!!!

(Even THIS DIALOG BOX has an adjustable row height control.) It's so sad.adjustable row.PNG

Message 56 of 100
Incognito_Cube

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems like such a fundamental thing. But HERE'S THE IRONY!!!

(Even THIS DIALOG BOX has an adjustable row height control.) It's so sad.

Nah, you wanna know what is actually sad? Take a look here:AUTODESK TABLES.PNG

AUTODESK TABLES 2.PNG

Do you see this? DO. YOU. SEE. THIS. SH*T?

*ahem* Excuse me.

In the above snips, you can clearly see that this is an easily achievable feat for tables. In the aforesaid snips, you can see that these are three of the same tables. I merely created one, copied it over two times, and edited the Table Height in the properties tab. The only problem is that this option is NOT an option for Dynamic Line and Curve Charts. This is only for plain, ole' vanilla tables. Arguably the least used feature in my profession.

Now, my question is, AutoDesk, why... why... why... in the 10+ years that Civil3D has been around is this still not an option for Line and Curve Tag Tables. 

I should not have to resort to work-a-rounds with data linking, an insane amount of viewports, or copies of non-exploded and exploded tables just to be able to fill the unbearable blank/dead space in my tables on my Plats. It really cannot be that difficult, but... To be absolutely fair, I am not a programmer, so I don't know that for sure, and if anyone can make an argument in defense of ADesk, I do truly want to hear it. At least that way I can quit b*tching... About this Smiley Wink

Message 57 of 100
ChrisRS
in reply to: Incognito_Cube

So, @Incognito_Cube, how do you really feel? Smiley Wink

Quote: "It really cannot be that difficult, but..." 

Like you, It does not seem that difficult to me, a non programmer.

My observations are:

• Civil 3D tables are more of a reporting tool than the general purpose AutoCAD tables.
  • The Civil 3d Team chose to create a different object than AutoCAD tables.
  • The AutoCAD and Civil 3d teams have not always played together nicely.
  • The Civil 3D team has grouped a bunch of table related ideas together; this complicates the resolution of any single issue.
  • Civil 3d is a design tool, not a drafting tool. Cleaning up table spacing is a drafting issue, thus low priority. Civil 3D users are making so much money that that can afford to pay drafters clean up the tables.
  • This issue is not currently high enough priority for the Civil 3D team to fixit.
  • We do not know what programming resources the Civl 3D team has available to it. Tables appear to be largely unchanged since they wee introduced. Programmers familiar with the Civil 3D table engine may not be at Autodesk anymore.

This is reality, not a defense. This issue is big to you and me, but low priority to Autodesk. 

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 58 of 100

Ping!

#CIV3DcellHeight  #AutodeskJustFIXit.

Message 59 of 100
Incognito_Cube
in reply to: ChrisRS

@ChrisRS wrote:

So, @Incognito_Cube, how do you really feel? Smiley Wink

Yeah.. I supposed I could have toned it back a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Too late..

You do make some great points though, some of which I've realized, but most I have not. So a definite thank you for the reality check is in order lol

I would like to note that that comment was basically my residual frustration about the issue. I've since learned to work around this (and most other) issue, as many other experienced Drafters do. I don't actually expect this to be added soon, but I'm hoping. You know what they say, eh?

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That way, you're either getting what you expect or you're pleasantly surprised.

Message 60 of 100
Anonymous

Has anyone actually submitted a support ticket to Autodesk for this? I came across an issue with my flared end sections and their tables. Submitted a ticket to Autodesk support themselves, and it's apparently never been submitted before but has been an issue from the start. The gentleman I talked to searched through the forum and admitted that it was a common issue with flared end sections, but they hadn't seen a ticket on it yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report