Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Civil 3D, Map 3D, and A360 bug hindering Online Map...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Randy_Casey
377 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D, Map 3D, and A360 bug hindering Online Map...

This issue involves Infrastructure Suite 2016 and the Civil 3D and Map 3D applications. I work in GIS for a Public Works Department, supporting engineering staff, so I use both Map 3D (my primary AutoCAD tool) and Civil 3D when needed. This issue arises whenever I need to switch applications, either from Map 3D to Civil 3D or vice versa. What happens is that I will immediately lose Online Map after I have switched applications. It will be working fine in whatever application I am using previously, but will not work at all when I launch the next application. This issue can be solved by signing out of A360 and then signing back in. I don't have to close the application I am currently running, just signing in and refreshing the Online Map will generally resolve the issue. What I have noted though, this I have to exclusively use A360 Desktop to sign out and sign in, because if I try to use either application to sign in or out, I get glitches and/or errors. The glitches have been: the A360 drop down menu in the upper right will display I am signed in, but when I bring up the A360 tab in options, it does not show me as signed into my account; I will have signed in using the dialog window in the application, but the A360 dropdown menu still reads "Sign In", I will try to sign out of A360 using the drop down menu, but the option to sign out is not present and the "Sign In" option does nothing; I will try to sign out of A360 using the dropdown menu, but I get an error message indicating that the "Service is unavailable due to I am not connected to the Internet", which I am and can verify very easily.

Again, all of this can be bypassed by simply using the A360 Desktop application to handle signing in and out after switching CAD applications, but this is a bit of a hassle. Has anyone out there come across this same issue and have you found an acceptable solution yet? This isn't a huge priority, but we are looking to deploy Infrastructure Suite 2016 to our entire engineering department and I would like to see if a solution can be found and implemented before that happens. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Randy_Casey

An easy workaround would be to open AutoCAD using the Civil 3D desktop icon. When you want to run Map 3D, don't close Civil 3D, just switch to the Planning and Analysis workspace.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Randy_Casey
in reply to: tcorey

@tcorey wrote:

An easy workaround would be to open AutoCAD using the Civil 3D desktop icon. When you want to run Map 3D, don't close Civil 3D, just switch to the Planning and Analysis workspace.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, Civil 3D does not have exactly the same functionality and interface as Map 3D, which I need while performing in-depth feature class edit sessions. Map 3D also is not as resource heavy as Civil 3D (450-500 MB RAM vs. 350 MB per session), and since I might be simultaneously running sessions of ArcMap, ArcCatalog, Microsoft SQL Server, Access, etc., not having to run Civil 3D when I don't need to, is a preferred option. I do us the Planning and Analysis workspace in Civil 3D when I need to use Civil 3D for something that specifically requires Civil 3D, but for simple DWG edit sessions where I just need to manage/edit feature classes, Map 3D is my primary tool of choice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā