Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D file sharing between multiple offices

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
611 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D file sharing between multiple offices

The company I work for now has 3 offices throughout the state and we are having issues with file sharing.  Each office has it's own server so files have to be copied back and forth which can cause problems with x'ref's, data shortcuts and overwriting others work.  Our IT department has done some research and we did find a company that works specifically with Civil 3D files but the cost was significantly more that I know the board would be willing to agree to.  I am looking for ideas and companies.  Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk now has A360 Team...

https://a360.autodesk.com/pricing/index.html

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks Todd!

Message 4 of 6
rl_jackson

Assuming IT has things set up correctly there should be very few issues. You should all be on the same drive letter (i.e. Z or whatever) which should pose no issue with short cuts or x-refs. If that is not the case then IT has an issue.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rl_jackson

Civil 3D 2014

Win XP (x86) 3GB

Xeon quad core 

On board SCUSI 32GB SSD

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

We have a very good IT department, thank you.  Maybe there are some tweeks that need to be made to server drive names but I would appreciate help without rude criticism.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report