Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D - custom assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bashardhahir
266 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D - custom assembly

Hi,

Can C3D create assembly like this cross section shown below? Especially, the Granular B (slope from the inside).

Thank you,

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stevenh0616
in reply to: bashardhahir

Hi @bashardhahir, thank you for your question on the forums!

Assuming the gray dashed line is your existing ground, my answer would be no. The Existing ground could have an unknown number of grade breaks for the subassembly to have to follow precisely. Even if that was a capability there would be issues in linking the number of points following the existing surface to the next Corridor frequency sample, which could have more or less points.

Additionally, in between frequencies, you could be missing some data (ie: existing surface moves up or down), resulting in incorrect computations of volume.

Thus the best solution for this is to generate a surface that follows your new subgrade and the final slope to the existing grade. Then do a volume comparison - or use Civil 3D's Section capabilities where you can assign a material between two surfaces and obtain a volume.

Steve Hill, Civil Designer / .NET Developer / AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

Message 3 of 4
bashardhahir
in reply to: stevenh0616

Thank you Steven,

I will try to do that. However, how can I draw the inclined section. All the available shoulder cross section have vertical inner line.

Thank you,Untitled.png

Message 4 of 4
stevenh0616
in reply to: bashardhahir

That shape is much simpler and can be made in subassembly composer fairly easily. However, before you get into that, have you looked at any of these Sholder Subassemblies that come out of the box? There maybe one you can use here and just set the value under your main road to 0. Might save you some time of dealing with SAC.

There is also a Trapezoidal shape subassembly, but that doesn't look to have Surface targetting, which I think is key for what you need.

stevenh0616_0-1643136016907.png

Steve Hill, Civil Designer / .NET Developer / AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report