Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d cross section splitting using manual offset and band data clip

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
santhoshkurian
436 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3d cross section splitting using manual offset and band data clip

Hello,

How to remove/clip cross section bands data when cross sections were divided using manual offsets. Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.c3d cross section split.PNG

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: santhoshkurian

CTRL + Pick will let you pick individual labels for Erase.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9

I think depending on how you generated the section view on the right.

Did you manually create sections and give it the range 0-100, then later try to adjust section properties to only show 20-80 in the section view the graph? If so, it will adjust the graph / sampled surface only and the band will remain the same as original composed section.

If you did not originally create single section view with offset range set to 20 to 100, try to do so, it should work.

Message 4 of 9
santhoshkurian
in reply to: tcorey

Hi  Tim,

I did as you suggested and it works..!, ..is there any method to remove those un wanted station ticks marks ?!

Warm Regards

Santhosh

Capture-1.PNGCapture-2.PNG

Message 5 of 9

Hello, 

I must elaborate situation, we were preparing cross section at a scale 1:200, now client want to show more offset from Right of Way, in some case when there is parallel service roads, so the sections become big, and we cannot change scale, so I was exploring solutions like splitting cross sections using, different offsets. Suppose the section is now 400 m wide, one sheet can show only -200 to - 50, next part will show -50 to 100, and the last part show 100 to 200. 

I appreciate your input to the problem we are facing. 

Warm Regards

Santhosh

Message 6 of 9

Without having the digital file in Front of me, I think you can just turn them off in display portion of style or you can also adjust the station interval frequency in style as well. 

Message 7 of 9

Please find sample here,
Thank you so much...!
Message 8 of 9

Again without the file and seeing digital file and trying to visualize I can come up with a possible suggestion 

if you want to show all cross sections let’s say ranges -400 to - 200 and then 3 more similar sets -200 to 0, 0  to 200 and 200 to 400 

Although not convential you can create 4 different sample groups. For each group give it a name that would correspond to the offset range you are sampling. Such as ( left -400 to -200)

this will allow your original station group to remain in tact 

but your section views would be independent of each other per range.

I would draw / insert them in a column like 

pattern with the insertion point being set and equal distance that way you could have the separate groups align per stations

you can not move them after the fact, when you go to update them they will default to their original insertion. 
so a little upfront work to place them organized is helpful. 
when erasing the groups erase the old ones from the tool space. It will help to keep your file organized. 

seems like a lot of work but doing the method above you will have all your sections within a few minutes without the need to adjust each one manually. 

I hope that is what you were looking for, if not please let me know and maybe I can offer another solution. 

Message 9 of 9

I believe those excess ticks in front of your section are probably there because the original offset sample range was previously there, and the section was modified later. If you redraw with specific offset range you would like to see those excess tick leading in the front should go away.

If you do not want to see them at all, you can select one of the elevations in the band then right click to edit band style. You can then choose to not draw them, or simply turn them off on the display portion of the style.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report