Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2020.5 Update is on Hold

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
TimYarris
2922 Views, 29 Replies

Civil 3D 2020.5 Update is on Hold

Since we released Civil 3D 2020.5 Update, customers have reported a few regression issues that have significantly impacted their workflows. To stop additional customers from being impacted by these issues, the Civil 3D 2020.5 Update has been removed from the Autodesk Desktop App and manage.autodesk.com. We will address these issues and will post a new version of the Civil 3D 2020.5 Update in the coming weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Tags (1)
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
SMorykin
in reply to: TimYarris

Thanks, Tim!

If this post solves your issue or answers your question, Please select the ‘Accept as Solution’ button so other Community members may benefit. Thank you!
Message 3 of 30
joshua_jones2

Thank you for this update! I'm glad I stumbled on this. I downloaded Civil 3D 2020.5 immediately and found it fixed a few lingering problems with Autodesk Connector for ArcGIS, but the EnableDSTLock command didn't work.

What other things are reported to not work properly? 

Message 4 of 30

In 2020.5, if you run a SYNCHRONIZEDATAREFERENCES command in a file that contains references to pipe networks, you're prompted to rename every single part with the name of its parent network.

Message 5 of 30
TimYarris
in reply to: ralphsanchezATX

Hi @ralphsanchezATX , 

That's one of the issues we're researching. Thank you very much for bringing that one up.

Message 6 of 30
TimYarris
in reply to: joshua_jones2

Hi @joshua_jones2 . We'll research the missing EnableDSTLock command issue. Thanks very much for reporting it.

Message 7 of 30
TimYarris
in reply to: joshua_jones2

Hi @joshua_jones2 . I did some research on the issue you reported where EnableDSTLock does not work in Civil 3D 2020.5 update. It turns out we enabled that command in Civil 3D 2021.1 only -- not in 2020.5. If you'd like to continue working with that command, would you please try it in Civil 3D 2021.1?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Message 8 of 30
BrianHailey

I had one user that was unable to launch C3D after installing the 2020.5 update. Kept getting a message about project wise. I had him uninstall the update and C3D went back to functioning. Don't know if it was a C3D issue, project wise issue, or something else all together. He's the only one that's had this issue though.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 30
keith.riceD76F2

Thanks Tim!  I was very close to rolling the 2020.5 update out companywide, so I'm glad I caught your post.

Message 10 of 30
SMorykin
in reply to: BrianHailey

Same!  The other odd thing was that typical autocad functions like "Open, Save, xref" resulted in "unknown commands".

If this post solves your issue or answers your question, Please select the ‘Accept as Solution’ button so other Community members may benefit. Thank you!
Message 11 of 30
mzjensen

Hi @TimYarris, the issue mentioned in this post was solved for me by uninstalling the 2020.5 update. The problem only occurred for me when I tried to open drawings with reference templates attached, so that is my best guess.

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
Message 12 of 30
astephen
in reply to: BrianHailey

You may know this already ... Sequence of installation becomes important with C3D and PW --- actually w/ any PW integrated products --- install PW last after installing all PW integrated products --- if PW is installed, then uninstall and reinstall 

Message 13 of 30
BrianHailey
in reply to: astephen

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind (I personally have never used Project Wise). Does this apply to installing service packs as well?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 14 of 30
MSchille-1994

@TimYarris we desperately need to be able to label the offset side of pressure network part in pressure network fitting and appurtenance tables.

Attitude, not Aptitude, Determines Altitude
Message 15 of 30
mjung
in reply to: MSchille-1994

Well this explains the part renaming issue I started to receive.

I should probably know this but what is the best way to uninstall the update?

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 16 of 30
mjung
in reply to: mjung

I figured it out.

Had to use the "Windows Control Panel" not the "Settings>Apps". 

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 17 of 30
TimYarris

Hi everyone,

Civil 3D 2020.5.1 Update is available on manage.autodesk.com and via the Autodesk Desktop App. Please review the Release Notes for details about fixed issues and known issues.

Message 18 of 30
joshua_jones2

Thank you so much!

Message 19 of 30
mzjensen

Thanks so much, @TimYarris!

Zachri Jensen, PE   |  
Message 20 of 30
SKANE2015

SINCE THIS UPDATE, I CAN NOT SAVE, SAVE AS, OR OPEN ANY FILES....

Command: _qsave Unknown command "QSAVE". Press F1 for help.

Command: _saveas Unknown command "SAVEAS". Press F1 for help.

Command: _open Unknown command "OPEN". Press F1 for help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report