Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add PVI bend to Pressure Network Profile

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
khughesRWC
996 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot add PVI bend to Pressure Network Profile

I'm trying to add a vertical bend to my pressure network profile, as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/pmjc6KevtUI

Whenever I select the pressure network in profile, nothing shows up. In the Properties palette, it says a profile is selected, but no grips are shown. In the contextual ribbon, I click on "add bend/pvi" then click on a pipe in the profile, but nothing is changed, and no bend is added. This occurs even when I use a custom or OOTB template.

One of the new features in Civil 3D 2021.1 is the addition of a compass that allows you to snap to specific angles when laying out Pressure Pipe Networks or New Pipe runs. Another new feature for Pressure pipes is the ability to snap to a pipe in the current network when starting a new pipe run ...
Labels (6)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: khughesRWC

So, I think you're going through the motions correctly, ONE missing step, If you need a vertical bend in profile you need to break the pipe. Select the pipe, select a break (two different areas), move the broken part below the violation. now add the bends to get to the pipe.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
khughesRWC
in reply to: rl_jackson

@rl_jackson I'm trying to retain the associativity to the pressure network alignment (when creating from path or object). I know I can work with individual parts and add bends manually that way, but in the video it seemed much faster by adding PVI bends in the profile. How do I accomplish that? I attached an example pressure network I am working on.

Message 4 of 6
steve.mccoy01
in reply to: rl_jackson

Did you figure out how to add a vertical bend and maintain associativity?
Message 5 of 6
brettS6K2S

Hello,

I recently ran into the same issue of not able to add any fittings to the pipe run in profile and no grips visible when the pipe profile was selected.  The profile was being created on a locked layer.  Once the layer was unlocked or the profile was on a the proper unlocked layer.....all worked as it should.  Hope this helps anyone that may stumble across this.

Message 6 of 6
jacquesXKUE7

This worked for me:

I noticed that my Pressure Pipe parts list did not contain the necessary parts that coincide with the pipe anymore. I do not know how it disappeared, but added the parts manually again to the parts list. After the edit, it fixed the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report