Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete subassembly from tool palette

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FlorianMonsecourVKAE
547 Views, 5 Replies

Can't delete subassembly from tool palette

Hi all,

A week ago I was able to delete subassemblies from my tool palette, but now it's not possible anymore. There simply is no 'delete' option when I right click the subassembly. Also, the subassembly I would like to delete is not being used in the drawing. What do I have to do in order to delete the subassembly from the tool palette?

Many thanks!

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can you just highlight it and use the Keyboard Delete key?

Bill

Message 3 of 6

Hi Bill,

This doesn't work, unfortunately.

At this moment, I just ignored the false subassembly and added the correct one with another name.

The new works fine but the old one still hangs in there and I can't delete it from the tool palette...

Message 4 of 6

I am trying to figure this out as well right now.  I noticed my palette is LOCKED.  The padlock symbol means it is a "Read Only Palette"... I was hoping this string would tell me how to unlock the dang palette...

C3D 2012 SP2.1
WIndows 7 SP1 64 bit
24GB RAM
Dual quad core xeon 3.2ghz cpu's
Triple Monitors
Message 5 of 6

Close Autocad.

I could only figure out how to do it by deleting the entire palette tab.

Go to the folder (mine is on the C drive) where the Appdata for the ToolPalette is stored.  The folder properties was checked as "read only".  I unchecked it.  Deleted my custom palette tab.  

C3D 2012 SP2.1
WIndows 7 SP1 64 bit
24GB RAM
Dual quad core xeon 3.2ghz cpu's
Triple Monitors
Message 6 of 6

I found if you right click on the sub assembly, then from that menu click on "open in project explorer" then find the subassembly that you want to delete in the list that the "project explorer" presents to you and right click and delete it from there. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report