Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D Flood Analysis command: RMS_SCENARIO Analyzer causes program to freeze

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
redtransitconsultants
369 Views, 2 Replies

C3D Flood Analysis command: RMS_SCENARIO Analyzer causes program to freeze

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this... 

Numerous times I have found myself in a bind trying to get some plans out the door. Working quickly and I am a fan of shift right click for snapping. I do a shift right click - or maybe try to hit escape but accidentally hit a function button... not sure which, and I get this command RMS_SCENARIOANALYZER in the command line.

I've done some research and it seems this is a command in the Flood Analysis module.... I think.

Anyways, it completely locks up Civil 3D when running... no way to exit it or stop it from running. Very frustrating when in crunch mode.

I occasionally use the Flood tools so I don't want to remove... just looking to figure out what I am entering in the fires the command - because I'm definitely not typing this in...

rms scenario analyzer.PNG

@BushW has edited your subject line for clarity: RMS_SCENARIO Analyzer - Locks up CAD

Steve Hill,Civil Designer / .NET Developer / AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: redtransitconsultants

Almost a full year and nobody else has done this and posted about it? I have experienced this twice now. Same scenario (no pun intended) in that i am not sure what i typed when i did shift-right-click. it think the first time this happened to me, i left for lunch and when i came back the 400 times i hit escape had executed and i was back to the command prompt. i don't have time to wait today, so i killed cad and took the hit on the work since the last save. anyone out there that can shed light on the "short cut" that we are hitting and how it could be disabled, please chime in...

Message 3 of 3

I’ve encountered the issue a couple of other times since this... but still can not pinpoint what I’m doing to execute the command. The command is part of the Flood & River Analysis tools and automatically scans the drawing file for its entities (at least as far as I can tell). On drawings that aren’t meant for it, such as a plan sheet, it locks you up.

I’m still trying to figure out why and how it’s happening. But it’s not frequent and I can’t execute it on my own.

Steve Hill,Civil Designer / .NET Developer / AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report