Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2023 - Section Editor OSNAP Issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cadguru42
354 Views, 5 Replies

C3D 2023 - Section Editor OSNAP Issue

I've just started getting into using C3D 2023's corridor section editor and have run into an issue with snaps. I keep the running OSNAPS going with End, Mid, Center, GeomCenter, Node, Quad, Intersection, and Extension pretty much all the time. When doing an INQUIRY for Corridor Section Offset and Elevation at Point the running OSNAPS do not work on the actual corridor section object. The grid intersections will have node snap glyphs, grid lines have midpoint glyphs, end of grid lines have end glyphs, etc. But the actual corridor section has no running OSNAPs that work. Typing a snap in (like END) or shift-right-click and selecting a snap will work on the corridor section, but not the running OSNAPs. 

Has anyone else run into this issue with C3D 2023? 

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Labels (1)
  • bug
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wol000
in reply to: Cadguru42

Hi,

I use it a bit. When i enter it, i pick my chainage point along the alignment. Then i enter the properties box and start amending levels and falls within the properties box, as over-rides

Message 3 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: wol000

@wol000 wrote:

Hi,

I use it a bit. When i enter it, i pick my chainage point along the alignment. Then i enter the properties box and start amending levels and falls within the properties box, as over-rides

I'm not following what you're talking about. Can you use the running OSNAPs on the corridor section while in the corridor section editor? Can you snap to any portion of the actual corridor section for any input, like an inquiry, pline, circle, etc.?

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 6
Cadguru42

Looks like this affects more than just the Corridor Section Editor. While in the plan view and wanting to drawing a PLINE the running OSNAPs do not target the corridor. If I manually invoke a snap, such as END or shift-right-click they'll work. This is on a fresh install of C3D 2023 with the latest updates. No plugins or customizations other than simple UI toolbar has been done. 

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
wol000

yes

Message 6 of 6
Cadguru42
in reply to: wol000

@wol000 wrote:

yes

So your running OSNAPS work on a corridor in C3D 2023?

C3D 2022-2025
Windows 11
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report