Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2018 export to autocad issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
randyspear6624
2143 Views, 13 Replies

C3D 2018 export to autocad issue

We exported a 2018 c3d survey to version autocad 2013 (using C3D2018) however when we open the exported file with c3d 2017, we still get the error that it was created with a newer version and all civil entities are disabled.

This was never the case previously.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

This tends to work better if you use the command line to export. Simply use EXPORTTOAUTOCAD2013. This should work.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 14
user181
in reply to: randyspear6624

Hi @randyspear6624,  You can also use the DWGCONVERT select conversion setups button in the dialog box and click on the modify button in the next dialog and then in the file format section choose AutoCAD 2013 Drawing Format with Exploded AEC Objects.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14

I tried that. All commands still disabled.

Message 5 of 14
_Hathaway

I am fairly positive you cannot do this.  Sure, the programs provides the option for us to export from Civil3d to Cad but in fact it does not work properly.  The only way have gotten this to work is to explode all Civil3d entities first and by doing that you destroy your drawing but it does allow for a save back to CAD.  

Message 6 of 14
randyspear6624
in reply to: _Hathaway

I know it was previously possible. We've been doing it for years.
The actual export works fine. Aec objects are exploded as expected however the resulting autocad file is unusable in civil 3d 2017.
Message 7 of 14
KirkWM

Go to Output tab on ribbon, Export panel, "Export Civil 3D Drawing" button; or command EXPORTC3DDRAWING

This explodes all C3D objects and purges styles and such.

Message 8 of 14
randyspear6624
in reply to: KirkWM

I have done all of the above.

Please understand before commenting, the issue is not getting the objects to export. The issue is the exported Autocad file is not compatible with older versions of Civil 3d.

Message 9 of 14
KirkWM

Did the method I mentioned not work for you? I exported from 2018 using EXPORTC3DDRAWING and then was able to open it in 2017 with no problems. 

Message 10 of 14
randyspear6624

No, it didn't.

Are you able to create civil objects in 2017 now?

Message 11 of 14
KirkWM

Yeah, here's a screen cast to show you what I see.

Message 12 of 14
KirkWM

Message 13 of 14
randyspear6624

Thanks Kirk

It still doesn't work for me (with this particular file) but it's comforting to know that this isn't autodesk's intention. 

For the file in question, I can just copy the autocad entities to a new drawing.

Message 14 of 14
wpagl452

Hi @randyspear6624, this may sound odd, but try using the EXPORTC3DDRAWING command twice. This has worked for some users in the past, although I'm not sure why. 

I'd be happy to troubleshoot myself if you wouldn't mind providing the file. There are a couple of other things we usually try in these cases if exporting twice fails.

All the best,
Winston

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report