Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge approach embankment

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
alexander_07_11
1042 Views, 7 Replies

Bridge approach embankment

Hi everyone. I'm trying to create the bridge approach embankment in both sides.
I already have the corridor modeled but I need to create the cones to join that to my corridor surface. I've tried creating them using grading but I think I'm doing something wrong (See pictures).

Please help me. Thank you very much.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeew-m
in reply to: alexander_07_11

Hi,

Hope THIS helps you.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
alexander_07_11
in reply to: Jeew-m

Thanks for your response. I've tried what it's shown in that video but the results are not what I expected. I'm not quite sure why or how should I change it. For starters it seems that the cones only forms on one side but I need them in both sides. Can you help me please?

Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: alexander_07_11

I think  it is a matter of getting the correct Feature line from corridor and limit the grading length.

The video showed daylight from EOP bur the abutment cone grading is well below top of pavement. there must be a point on the corridor daylight that begins exposing the abutment. Then the feature line to grade the cone can be developed. where that happens in your corridor I don't know but you may .

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
alexander_07_11
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks for your response. I get that general shape of the embankment but, as you said, the elevations are kinda off. I also just need the cones to form in the corners of the feature line, not the entire lenght. Is there a way to do that?

Again thanks for your response.

Message 6 of 8

@alexander_07_11  - In the video (at 2m42s) there is a line on the command line (after you select which feature line you want to grade from) whether you want the grading to apply to the whole length of the feature line or not.

After picking no, you then pick the start and end stations (which you can adjust afterwards) to which the grading applies.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: n_bartholomew

@n_bartholomewI see that but I need the cone to create only in the corners. Does that means that I should pick the same station for start and finish? Thank for your response.

Message 8 of 8
n_bartholomew
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

No, but close. 😊

If you just want the corners, the start and end stations will be very close together and placed just either side of the corner of the feature line you are projecting from.

You can repeat this process at both corners to get you grading projection just for sections (the corners) you are after.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report